To view Mirka’s current courses at Bennington College please click here.
Professor of Anthropology at Bennington College
|Sociocultural Anthropology||The AIDS Pandemic|
|People, Culture and Society||Culture, Environment and Sustainable Living|
|Peoples and Cultures of Africa||Embracing Difference|
|Many Peoples, One World||Beginning Peacebuilding|
|Making a Living (economic anthropology)||Practicing Peacebuilding|
|Being Human (four-fields introduction)||Families: Love and Power in the Domestic Sphere|
|Production, Consumption, and Exchange||Structures of Power in Society|
|Colonialism and Its Aftermath||Global Capitalism|
|(Re)Presenting Culture (ethnographic film)||Consumerism|
|Exploring the World through Research||Gender and Social Change in Modern Africa|
|U.S. of A: Multiculturalism and Diversity||Learning from People|
|Reading the Body||AIDS Activism in Africa (in Uganda)|
|Other People’s Worlds||Studying Place by Metes and Bounds|
|Anthropology of Art||Gender, Inequality and Social Change|
|From an Indigenous Point of View: Voices and Words of Cultures of the World||In Sickness and in Health: Introduction to Medical Anthropology|
|History of Anthropological Theory||Cultural Localities I and II|
|Theories of Social Life||Advanced Research Seminar in Society, Culture and Thought|
- Peoples and Cultures of Africa, Williams College, MA.
- Gender and Social Change in Modern Africa, Williams College, MA.
- Race, Class, Ethnicity and Gender, Community College of Vermont, Bennington, VT.
- Introduction to Cultural Anthropology, Community College of Vermont, Bennington, VT.
- Contemporary Issues in American Society, Bennington College July Program, Bennington, VT.
- Qualitative Research, Australian National University, National Centre for Development Studies.
Teaching Fellow, Department of Anthropology, Yale University.
- Anthropology through Film: An Introduction to World Ethnography (Professor John Middleton)
- Man and Culture (Professor William Kelly)
- Becoming Human (Professors Keith Basso and Andrew Moore)
- Chinese Communist Society: Ideology and Social Change (Professor Helen Siu)